A Clinician’s Guide to Lower Extremity Differential Diagnosis, Pathologies and Special Tests
Name some reasons that it is important for a clinician to have a good understanding of differential diagnosis…..ANNND GO!!
- Direct Access
- Early detection of conditions that mimic musculoskeletal conditions
- Patients are discharged “quicker and sicker” from acute care
- Patients may disclose information to their therapist which might have been unknown to the physician…..AND many more!
Let Dr. Rina Pandya help you feel more confident in your differential diagnosis skills.
This is course 2.
Course one is A Clinician’s Guide to Differential Diagnosis.
Course three is A Clinician’s Guide to Differential Diagnosis of the Neck and Shoulder.
In this course, Dr. Pandya will cover how:
- To understand how to perform differential diagnoses of lower extremity pain for neuromusculoskeletal/systemic origins
- To identify commonly used special tests of the hip, knee, ankle and foot
- To improve clinical outcomes of the lower extremity diagnosis of hip, knee, ankle and foot
- To identify referred pain patterns from non-musculoskeletal/systemic origins
Methods of Instruction:
Online audio/video course
Rina Pandya, PT, DPT
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Athletic Trainers.
Course Goals and Objectives:
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify Red Flag histories associated with lower extremity pains
- Recognize common Hip musculoskeletal (MSK) diagnoses and special tests
- Recognize the Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Hip
- Identify the systemic causes of buttock/thigh/groin pain, red flags and therapy management
- Differentiate between nerve entrapments in the hip region
- Recognize common Knee musculoskeletal (MSK) diagnoses and special tests
- Recognize the Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Knee
- Identify the systemic causes of knee pain, red flags, and therapy management
- Recognize the common Ankle musculoskeletal (MSK) diagnoses and special tests
- Identify the Clinical Practice Guidelines for the ankle, system causes of ankle pain, red flags and therapy management
Criteria for Obtaining Continuing Education Credits:
A score of 70% or greater on the post-test