The HIV/AIDS course was designed to educate the healthcare professional about HIV/AIDS. The course will cover origin, history, modes of transmission, clinical treatment, and healthcare infection control/prevention.
Mary Smith, RPT
Methods of Instruction:
Online course available via internet
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Athletic Trainers
Course Goals and Objectives:
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify important epidemiological data on the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
- Recognize the difference between HIV-1 and HIV-2.
- Define the various HIV transmission types.
- Recognize basic HIV pathology.
- Differentiate between the stages of HIV/AIDS.
- Identify the standard test types and the advantages and uses for each.
- Recognize ARV drugs and the stages at which they are appropriate.
- Identify and describe primary modes of HIV prevention for healthcare workers.
Criteria for Obtaining Continuing Education Credits:
A score of 70% or greater on the post-test