Treatment of the Runner
According to recent data, almost 70% of runners will experience an injury at some point. Have you seen many in your practice? Have you noticed how VERY different they are in their injuries/training methods and treatment strategies? Why does what works with one runner, not work with another? Mark Brown, PT, CSCS examines these running rehabilitation questions and more in this hands-on demonstration video.
In this video, he will cover:
-Common Running Injuries
-Runner’s Physical Examination
Methods of Instruction:
Online video course
Mark Brown, PT, CSCS
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Athletic Trainers.
Course Goals and Objectives:
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the incidence and prevalence of running injuries
- Recognize the characteristics of PFPS or Runner’s Knee
- Differentiate between the reasons for Shin Splits
- Identify the common signs/symptoms of hamstring pathology
- Recognize ways to decrease hamstring pathology during running
- Recognize the differential diagnosis of shin splints
- Identify the incidence and prevalence of shin splints
- Recognize ways to decrease shin splint pathology during running
- Identify plantar fasciitis treatments
- Identify the incidence/prevalence and treatment of Achille’s Tendonopathy
Criteria for Obtaining Continuing Education Credits:
A score of 70% or greater on the post-test
AdvantageCEUs.com is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID # 7332. This distance learning-independent course is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Intermediate level, OT Service Delivery/Foundational Knowledge. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by the AOTA.