Assessment of Functional Skills in the Educational Environment
The prescription says WHAT???
Does performing a school-based assessment of functional skills intimidate you??
It can often seem overwhelming, especially if it is not your area of expertise.
Let Dr. Aditi Mehra, DHS, OTR/L take the fear out of the assessment as she walks us through an easier way to navigate functional skills in the educational environment.
Dr. Mehra will cover:
- Highlights of the influence of legislative requirements and scientific evidence on the design of the assessment process
- Applying the ICF framework to guide clinical decision making
- Identification and knowledge of all the key areas to be addressed in a school setting
- Identification of all the steps required to complete a Functional School assessment
Methods of Instruction:
Online audio/video course
Dr. Aditi Mehra, DHS, OTR/L
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Athletic Trainers.
Course Goals and Objectives:
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between the 4 Pillars of School Based Assessment
- Identify the ICF Framework to guide clinical decision making for client-centered and occupation-focused evaluation
- Recognize the Scope and Sequence of a therapist’s role in the educational setting
- Differentiate between types of assessments
- Identify the steps required to complete a Functional School Assessment
- Recognize assessment areas for Gross Motor Assessment
- Recognize assessment areas for Visual Perceptual Skills
- Recognize assessment areas for Fine Motor/Visual Motor Skills
- Recognize assessment areas for Sensory Skills
- Differentiate between the ICF Iceberg model’s two types of factors
Criteria for Obtaining Continuing Education Credits:
A score of 70% or greater on the post-test